[reference: “The Holy Bible: (New Testament) Chinese and English Bi-lingual Edition”;
The Gideons International (2008); The New King James Version]
Hebrew 13: 5-9
“It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace… ”
5. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.”
6. So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?”
7. Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.
8. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
9. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those who eat them.
It is said that God speaks to us all the time, so rather is not a case of, “When will God answer me,” but rather, “When will I take the care, time, energy and effort to pay attention to what He has to say?”
They say God often speaks in whispers: how will you hear Him, and will you know what it means?
Maybe you need time to quieten your mind, body, soul and heart in order to listen with care. This is a time often confused with loneliness. Maybe those people are right, it is a lonely time, but then again, maybe others take this opportunity of being lonely to listen gracefully to their own hearts and soul.
:: Hear spirit speak; converse with it ::